Saturday, October 10, 2015

Stay Positive! Everything will work out :)

Hello there Earthlings!

Its been a while eh?

So recently, I have been struggling over the fact that I am in year 11. I was coping pretty well up until the the end of term one when my brain suddenly went: 'Oh god! I've only got one year to go until I graduate, go to university, get a job, have to grow up, take me place in society and try to work at paying off my mortgage, until i eventually die!'

Overreaction? Yeah. Maybe.

So this feeling of impotence, in addition to the usual high school drama and my own silly problems, eventually pushed me off the edge. I felt like giving up.

Until my amazing PC teacher told me I had nothing to worry about. It wasn't the usual 'change is a part of our lives' kinda speech, it was more along the lines of: 'There are children dying in Africa, what do you have to complain about?'

And somehow... her words of wondrous wisdom motivated me to realise that instead of worrying about the fact that I only had two years of high school left, start rejoicing in the fact that I was privileged enough to have those two years of high school.

After that, my worries seemed to vanish, because I knew that, no matter what problems I encounter in the future, the odds were in my favour, and all I needed to do was remain positive.

Make Sense? Probably not...


No comments:

Post a Comment